Name: Bernd Robert Fix
Born: March 19, 1962, in Wittingen, Germany
- German Hacker and Computer Security Expert.
- Known for his Computer virus research.
- Discovered a method to neutralize the Vienna virus, becoming the first documented antivirus software ever written (1987).
- Creator of several research viruses; among them the VP370 virus for IBM mainframe computers.
- Representative for the Chaos Computer Club (1987-89).
- Hacker Bible 2.
Honors and awards
- Fix's VP370 source code was supposedly stolen by the Bundesnachrichtendienst (Federal Intelligence Service in Germany) to be used in attacks against NATO mainframe computer systems and East Block in the so-called "Project Rahab" (1988).